Thursday, January 22, 2009

Welcome to Planning for Action

In an old blog of mine, I focused on what Lee Clow refers to as Media Arts. The idea that everything a brand does is media and my posts showed this by featuring what brands of the world were doing to tell their story in unique ways. Whether that was a unique use of a traditional medium such as print, television or outdoor, or how a brand was using a completely new medium to tell their story. This blog will still have plenty of that because I think it is damn cool and is the future of advertising but it will also feature other stuff that brands are doing right.



Main topics will be advertising, branding, media and cultural trends but to make this even more fun I will be staying true to my roots by tying subject matter to the action sports world when relevant news comes along. I have been skateboarding for 21 years, snowboarding for 20 years, and surfing for 15. I am a professional advertising and strategy guy but aside from that I never grew up so I am well tapped in to what is happening in youth culture and feel that is a key reason why I am good at what I do.



My professional experience comes from a Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Advertising, time spent in Media Arts Planning at TBWA\Chiat\Mal in L.A., and two years as an Account Planner at DGWB Advertising in Orange County where I currently work. I also spent a few years slinging snowboards and skateboards at a skate shop and spent some time living in Mammoth Lakes to pursue my snowboard dreams. I specialize in quantitative and qualitative research methods; studying popular culture and consumer behavior; studying trends in the digital and social media space; and developing creative strategy based on all of those things.

Thanks for reading, you are gonna love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment