Monday, April 20, 2009

Sea Floor Ads Target Triathletes

Just wanted to apologize for the long gap between posts. Things have been busy at work and I have been doing a lot of triathlon training when I have been out of the office. I was getting ready for the Ford Ironman California 70.3, the longest race I have done up to this point. I had a great time and was thoroughly exhausted but can't wait to do it again on May 2nd for the XTerra West Cup in Vegas on May 2nd.

Since I have been spending so much time
with triathlon training lately, I thought I would write a post that profiles some cool uses of media placement within the triathlon community.


Back in November, Coffees of Hawaii put a floating coffee bar on the swim course at Kona during the week leading up to the Ironman Triathlon World Championship. Athletes warming throughout the week leading up to the race could score some caffeine infused beverages from the bar(They did it last year too. See pics.)

To ensure nobody would miss the hype-heavy, espresso-peddling raft bobbing near shore, it targeted swimmers with ads on the sea bed. AdRants (10/14/08)

No comments:

Post a Comment