Monday, February 16, 2009

Ad Lessons, as Taught by Brassiers

I am a firm believer in the idea that the medium itself should be a part of the message and that good creative is always custom-tailored to each unique medium. I thought I would take a minute to illustrate this by sharing one of the Valentine's gifts I gave my wife. After she went to bed on Friday night I decided to place around 50 little Post-It notes all around the house that said some sweet nothings. I could have just left these random notes everywhere with no rhyme or reason as to placement but as I began placing the little yellow "I love you" ads, I realized that each placement should be unique to the message.

Why place a note that says "nice boobs" on the refrigerator when it could be thoughtfully placed in her bra and pantie drawer, a place where she is conscious of what her girls look like each day.

Why place a note that says "nice ass" on the TV in the living room when it could go on a place where her ass sits and gets toned...her bicycle seat.

And the last one, why place a note that says "I Love You" just anywhere when it can be placed on a photo from the day when we made the ultimate declaration of our love. She ate this stuff up.
Just some food for thought...and an opportunity to annoy my wife a little bit by putting her flashy red bra on the Internet.

4 comments:

  1. add to that timeliness and context.

    so perhaps in my wife's case (who just stopped nursing our son) a note in her bra drawer could have read: "who wants a trip to la perla?"

    nice work my friend, i'm gonna have to steal this idea for next year's v-day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skyler, you never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay dude. Nice way market your planning skills and at the same time, make the rest of us look like lazy jerk husbands.

    Now we didn't need to see the bra pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bra shot is kinda creepy!! How exactly did you take a flash photograph of her underwear drawer while she was asleep?!

    You ad guys, I swear... :)

    ReplyDelete